Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pixel Art Self Portrait


The above is a self portrait done in the style of "pixel art" or, one could call it, an 8-bit game. My process is as follows.

First, we were to pick a photo of ourselves, and crop it down to about 100 by 100 dimensions. Next, I selected the dropper tool to select the colours from the image, and put them to the side on a separate layer. This gave me easy access to them throughout the process.

Next, I personally, I found it simpler to lower the opacity of the original photo, and then use my tablet to fill in the sections of similar colours with the pen tool. This gave the cover image the "pixel" or, "blocky" texture. And then, voila! After some time and quick editing around the edges here and there, you have a completed pixel portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment