Tuesday, November 15, 2011

And now, for my next trick...

Final act?


This is the practice surrealism piece I had done in order to get a feel for the program, before venturing into the real project. In this piece, I made a portrayal of a hand that appears to be reaching out of a top hat. (Which would, of corse, be impossible in real life.) I started by simply thinking to myself, "Top hat plus hand equals possible surrealist assignment...?" With some previous experience in mixing images in Photoshop and PaintToolSAI, I already had an idea of how I was going to mix and match each image, and what ever else I could draw in. Afterwards, I began searching google for the image of a top hat facing forwards. (A direction that would be able to properly show the hand peering through.) And then the image of a hand that would be facing outward, so that the palm clearly shows as a focal point. after getting two photos I thought to be compatible, I slightly cropped the hand, and moved it into place. Next, I selected the entire image as a whole and selected the 'Black and White' option. Unfortunately, the bottom of the hand had been missing, as it wasn't in the image to begin with. I created a new layer and selected black as a colour and the brush tool on the feather setting. From there, I filled in the centre of the hat and the areas around the hand as well. After a few more slight adjustments, I had finished, and the image above was the end result. Pretty good for a beginner, such as myself, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment